Home Page of Public Seminar for the internationial symposium on "Climate change effects on fish and fisheries"e
Your are a visitor of
Public seminar on
"Climate change effects on fish and fisheries".
- Time: April 30th 2010 (FRI), 13:00-15:00
- Place: Sendai AER 6th Floor, Sendai City Information & Industrial Plaza, Seminar Room (2)B
- Charge: Free
- Language: Japanese except for the presentation by Dr. Anne B. Hollowed.
- Climate change effects on fisheries: message from the world.
- (Anne B. Hollowed, NOAA)
- Change in Japanese water fishes and its predictions.
- (Dr. Shin-ichi Ito, FRA)
- Towards sustainable fisheries and marine products.
- (Dr. Akihiko Yatsu, FRA)
Announcement file is availabel from here (407KB)
Link for the International Symposium on "Climate change effects on fish and fisheries"
Sponcers, Co-sponsoring organizations, Endorsing organizations of the international symposium
- Primary Sponsors
- North Pacific Marine Science Organization (PICES)
- International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Fisheries Research Agency of Japan (FRA)
- Hokkaido University Global Center of Excellence (COE) Program on "Establishment of Center for Integrated Field Environmental Science"
- Co-sponsoring organizations
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Sendai Tourism and Convention Bureau (STCB)
- National Institute of Environmental Studies, Japan (NIES)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Integrated Climate System Analysis and Prediction, Germany (CLISAP)
- Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC)
- International Pacific Halibut Commission (IPHC)
- Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute (KORDI)
- National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility: Adaptation Research Network for Marine Biodiversity and Resources (NCCARF)
- National Marine Fisheries Service of NOAA (NMFS)
- North Pacific Anadromous Fish Commission (NPAFC)
- North Pacific Research Board (NPRB)
- Pacific Salmon Foundation (PSF)
- Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR)
- The World Bank (WB)
- Endorsing organizations
- Fisheries Agency, Japan (JFA)
- Newspaper Company “The Kahoku Shimpo”
- The Japanese Society of Fisheries Oceanography (JSFO)
- The Japanese Society of Fisheries Science (JSFS)
- The Oceanography Society of Japan (JOS)