Backgrounds and needs
- 1. Occurrence of management of maximum sustained yield by the Total Available Catch(TAC) under the Agreement of the Law of the Sea in United Nations.
- 2. Needs of fisheries resources forecasting by the scientific base for setting TAC.
- 3. Limitation of the present forecasting method by catch and body length data.
- 4. Needs of more accurate forecasting algorithm of the fisheries resources variation of the important commercial fish.
- 5. The past study was not the composite but the each compartment of ecosystem. The study through the ecosystem was not enough.
- 6. Progress of instruments of phytoplankton and zooplankton measurement.
- 7. Progress of analyzing method of oceanic environment.
- 8. Progress of modelling.
- a. Oceanic environment
- light, nutrient, temperature, dissolved oxygen, current
- Blooming and grazing - Feeding
- a1. Modelling of phytoplankton biomass variation
- a2. Modelling of zooplankton biomass variation
- a3. Modeling of resources variation of saury and pollack
- b. Response of saury and pollack to oceanic environment
- Development of forecasting ecosystem model
- 1. More accurate forecast of resources variation of saury and pollack.
- 2. Establishment of scientific base for setting TAC of saury and pollack
- 3. Promotion of fisheries resources management